Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure


Today was the day for the 10th Annual Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. I was very excited to be running for such a great cause but what made it much more exciting was that I would be racing against my brother Rob. He was running his first 5K race! We chatted about running, we talked a little trash...but it all added up to a 3.1 mile race to raise money for breast cancer.


Good thing I was running to raise money for a good cause because my mouth ran a little faster than my feet!! I can't brag about winning anything! Rob kicked my hiney!! He ran his first 5K in under 27 minutes! That is amazing! My time was 27:42, a respectable time for a 5K, but nowhere near Rob's time! I have to admit I was a little cocky going into this. I started running about a year ago, surely I can beat my "little" brother in a 5K. Alas, it was not meant to be. Rob went ahead of me early and I thought to myself, "My only hope is if he runs out of juice." I don't know what he was drinkin' but he ran and ran and beat me by better than a minute! It was a lot of fun and I am so excited to keep running and keep competing! Especially if it is against Rob! Maybe someday I will beat him!!


Next up!! The Fit for Life Half Marathon! July 12, 2008!

1 comment:

mom said...

Chrissy.....cute outfit!! I can't believe how dedicated you are. You just amaze me. I have no doubt that you will beat Rob next time. Love Ya.....Mom [Patti]