Saturday, June 14, 2008

My First 10-Miler!

This morning I ran my first ten mile run!! I ran with Boise Run Walk, the group I joined in April to train for my first half marathon. We usually run along the greenbelt and today the weather was sunny and cool and it was beautiful!!
I was really excited for this run, my previous longest distance was 7 miles. The running group increases our long run by one mile each week but I had missed the last two weeks due to a hip injury. I was starting to get nervous that I wouldn't be ready for the half so I decided that today's run would determine whether I could continue training for the half or if I needed to settle for the 10K. I figured if I can run 10 today then I can be ready for 13.1 on July 12th. And I DID IT!!
It was tough but I am sure after a few more weeks I will definitely be ready. It took me 1 hour and 57 minutes and my average pace was about 11 and a half minutes per mile. I got all of this information off of my Nike plus before it malfunctioned and erased MY FIRST TEN MILE RUN! I don't know how it happened but it wouldn't transfer the info the nikeplus.com. At first my history still showed that my longest run is 10.10 miles but then of course I had to mess with it and after I was done it had deleted it completely. I am so mad!!! I also broke 150 miles after this run, but my stats don't show it, so my totals will always be behind 10 miles! Oh Well!! What can you do, right? I'll just keep telling myself that instead of stomping on my ipod!

No comments: